Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Fantasy Fantastic

I love fantasy hockey. It's a great excuse to follow a whole bunch of players you've either know only peripherally, or never heard of at all. In my case, I've been following the NHL long enough to recognize most names, but every now and again I'm surprised by a good performer I've never heard of. Either way, you (well, I) end up spending way too much time debating the relative worth of Daniel Sedin vs. Craig Conroy vs. John Madden. Great time sink! We had our fantasy draft last night at my place, and here's my draft in order:

  1. Marcus Naslund
  2. Tomas Vokoun
  3. Pavel Datsyuk
  4. Rick Nash
  5. John Grahame
  6. Martin Havlat
  7. Wade Redden
  8. Mike Modano
  9. Richard Zednik
  10. Mathieu Schneider
  11. Matt Barnaby
  12. Gary Roberts
  13. Mattias Ohlund
  14. Adam Foote
  15. Chris Simon
  16. Jay Bouwmeester
An ok draft, I guess. I'm happy with getting Modano and Foote when I did. Today I dropped Chris Simon and picked up Ty Conklin, because I needed another goalie. So now I have vested interest in a number of teams I would normally ignore- Montreal, Florida, Columbus, and Tampa Bay. And I drafted no Sharks! Marco Sturm is available on waivers though, might be a good pickup...

No comments: