Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sharks Lose Opener 3-2 to Nashville

I was pretty surprised, Nashville has got some jump in 'em. The Kariya-Erat-Legwand thing was going pretty good. Turns out DirecTV doesn't have Fox Sports as part of the package, so I frantically ran around trying to figure out if I should get Center Ice, or just the Sports package, and then if I can even get the Sharks games without the Sports package if I have Center Ice, blah blah blah. So I didn't get to TiVo the game until the second period. I formed my own opinion during the game, but this article in the Mercury sums it up pretty well.

  • The power play sucked (0 for 6). They have some of the fastest players in the NHL, and the Sharks were doing the ol' dump-and-chase for many of their power plays. I have no idea why.
  • They didn't tighten up too well in the third. They had a 2-1 lead, and ended up losing. Bad times.
Hard to see the Sharks lose like that on the first game of the season. Next two games are at Chicago and at St. Louis, and I hope the Sharks come back for the home opener 2-1. Both of those teams are very beatable- neither should make the playoffs.

No comments: